RSS

Book Club Nominations

18 Aug

It’s time for my Book Club L to pick books for the next 6 months.  Here is our rather eclectic list of choices.  We use a fairly unusual method of voting on books.

What would you vote for?  Any opinions on these books as book club books? Do you have reviews I should include in my list?

About these ads

8 Comments

Posted by on August 18, 2009 in Book Club, L

Tags:

8 responses to “Book Club Nominations

1. Pam

August 18, 2009 at 11:18 am

I would rather see you read something else by Sarah Dunant, she has so many powerful novels of Italy. The Graveyard Book will bring good discussion I think, and the rest I haven’t read myself :D Good list!

2. Lusty Reader

August 18, 2009 at 1:27 pm

Ooo I definitely vote for “Love Walked In” I adored that book and the companion/sequel title “Belong To Me” I highly recommend Maria de los Santos!

3. Lenore

August 18, 2009 at 4:57 pm

I totally support the reading of THE LIKENESS and UNWIND. UNWIND would create quite the discussion, I’m sure!

4. Dawn

August 19, 2009 at 6:47 am

I like your book group’s method of selecting books … democracy in action :)

Thanks for linking to my reviews of THREE CUPS OF TEA and OLIVE KITTERIDGE. Both were picks for our neighborhood book group, and both generated lots of great discussion. Even though I didn’t care for the writing style of THREE CUPS, it’s an excellent story of one man’s dedication to a cause.

5. Pam R.

August 21, 2009 at 5:44 am

The only one I’ve read yet is Three Cups of Tea. It generated good discussion in my book club. It shows us how one person’s perseverance can really effect change in the world.

6. somchsoa

August 31, 2009 at 12:18 am

What good books to read.

7. Jules

April 12, 2011 at 8:16 pm

I vote for The Book Thief . I couldn’t put it down. The subject matter makes for a great discussion. I read Maya Angelou’s book many years ago. Though I don’t remember all the details, I remember being very moved by her story. They are both books worth reading.