RSS

Book Blogger Hop

25 Mar

Book Blogger HopI’m participating in this week’s Book Blogger Hop!

This week’s question is
“If you could physically put yourself into a book or series…which one would it be and why?”

My answer–

This is a tough one!  I’m tempted to say Jasper Fforde’s Thurdsay Next books, because Thursday has the ability to jump into a book :-).

Beyond that, I don’t really know.  Every Utopia has its dark side, every friendly community has its outcasts. I might enjoy the world of a book from the view of its characters, but where I live now is the life I’ve chosen in the location I’ve chosen.

Here’s what the Book Blogger Hop is:

In the spirit of the Twitter Friday Follow, the Book Blogger Hop is a place just for book bloggers and readers to connect and share our love of the written word! This weekly BOOK PARTY is an awesome opportunity for book bloggers to connect with other book lovers, make new friends, support each other, and generally just share our love of books! It will also give blog readers a chance to find other book blogs to read! So, grab the logo, post about the Hop on your blog, and start HOPPING through the list of blogs that are posted in the Linky list!!

Drop a comment and say hello! Point me to your post and check out the other blogs on the hop.

About these ads

12 Comments

Posted by on March 25, 2011 in blogging, books, Me, meme

Tags:

12 responses to “Book Blogger Hop

1. kathy

March 25, 2011 at 12:29 pm

Thanks for hopping by! It’s so true that books are nice but real life is better. :) I’ve heard good things about the Thursday Next books but I haven’t had a chance to check them out.

2. Julie

March 25, 2011 at 1:25 pm

I would love to be a friend of Anne Blythe (nee Shirley) in the Anne of Avonlea series. That’s about as close to ideal as you can get, but still with enough mischief to keep things interesting. :)

Julie @ Read Handed (http://readhanded.blogspot.com)

3. Howard Sherman

March 25, 2011 at 1:57 pm

Apologies in advance for my answer this week as it will not immediately resonate with the book blogger population which happens to be 99.5% female.

My choice is a book series geared towards guys which won’t enthrall the vast majority of my fellow book bloggers (who are almost entirely female) with the extensive discussion of powerful weapons and sexy milspec gear, beautiful women, eye-popping action sequences (with occasionally obscene violence), and the like.

But there IS something in my answer that just about everyone of the female persuasion can benefit from my decidedly “books for guys” post. Hop on over to http://www.howardsherman.net to find out what it is.

Happy Hop Friday!

Howard Sherman

4. vampire book girl

March 25, 2011 at 3:39 pm

Well, I can certainly say there are plenty of books I would NOT want to hop into, like the ones I am often reviewing on my site http://www.dearvampirediary.com but still, I think that the ability to be one of the endless ones would be great.

5. debnance at readerbuzz

March 25, 2011 at 3:54 pm

I like the idea of being able to jump into a book!

Here’s my blog post for this hop. Hope you will stop by.

I’m a new follower!

6. Delphyne

March 26, 2011 at 5:30 am

Thursday is a great answer! It’s like wishing for more wishes!

7. Elizabeth

March 26, 2011 at 6:32 am

Very thoughtful answer…I like your comment.

Hope you have a fun hop.

My answer has three choices…stop by if you like.

8. Rebecca Rasmussen

March 26, 2011 at 8:12 am

Ah, jumping into a book sounds perfect!

9. Mystica

March 27, 2011 at 3:40 am

Coming through on the blog hop though rather late!

10. Julie @ Knitting and Sundries

March 27, 2011 at 2:00 pm

The series that I chose was close enough to my real-life roots. I DO like being where I am now, but eventually, I’ll get back to my small-town loves.

11. Sara

March 27, 2011 at 8:07 pm

I’ve never read that series. It sounds great.

Happy blog hop.

12. abigailann

March 28, 2011 at 2:50 am

Good one- if you were in a Thursday Next book then you could change your mind which book to be in all the time. I wish I’d picked that one now.
    Here’s mine: http://abigailannreading.blogspot.com/2011/03/book-blogger-hop-8.html